FAQs About Our Cleaning Services
We are dedicated to providing and managing a high-quality cleaning service tailored to your needs. We understand that choosing to use a cleaner can be a serious decision to make as you’re potentially inviting someone new to come in and take care of your home. For that reason, we have answered some of the most frequently asked questions for you, so you can have a better understanding of what our services are and why you can trust us.
If you would like to know more about our home cleaning services, or you have a question that we have not answered here, our directors are more than happy to help. Get in touch today by calling 0800 085 0948, or fill in online enquiry form and we will get back to you.
- What tasks can cleaners carry out?
- Which areas do you cover?
- What am I paying for?
- How do you create my cleaning plan?
- Do I pay the cleaners directly?
- How do you vet the staff?
- Do you have insurance cover?
- Will I get the same cleaner each time?
- Can my cleaner come while I am at work?
- How do they know what to do each time?
- How do you maintain quality?
- What if I'm not happy with my cleaner?
- What if I need to cancel my visit at short notice?
- How do I become a cleaner for Domestic Innovations?
Your cleaner will carry out any general housework to an exceptional quality. This includes:
- Dusting and wiping all surfaces
- Tidying up
- Cleaning, drying and putting away any dirty dishes
- Brushing, vacuuming and/or mopping floors
- Taking out rubbish
- Cleaning bathroom facilities
- Making and changing the bed
- Watering plants
If you have any special requests, such as looking after pets, putting out or bringing in the laundry or keeping an eye on your house while you are away, speak to one of our directors today to find out more.
For more information on what a cleaner can and cannot do, take a look at our dedicated page.
We cover the following areas:
- Chalfont St Peter
- Gerrards Cross
- Virginia Water
Prices are fixed but allow for some flexibility to alter what cleaning is done at each visit in line with the agreed programme. Cleaning can take more or less time than expected - so we do not charge by the hour for a fixed number of hours. For your monthly payment, you will receive:
- A cleaner who is paid in advance for their service
- All cleaning materials and equipment (so there are no hidden costs)
- Excellent customer service
- Full VAT payment
When we visit your home, we will carry out a cleaning audit to determine what services you require from us. This includes taking a look at the following:
- The type of cleaning you are looking for - for example, one-off, regular, after build
- The layout of your home - this includes the size of rooms, the number of rooms, the state of decoration and the type of flooring
- Frequency of cleaning - daily, weekly, fortnightly or monthly
- Whether you have any children or pets
- Any additional services
Once we have carried out an assessment at your home, we will provide a quote with either a single price for the work to be carried out or payment options depending on your requirements.
For convenience, and to avoid any confusion, we will set up a monthly standing order so there is no need to make a payment each week. This also avoids the issue of payment potentially being lost in transition.
All of our staff have two interviews and are required to provide two verbal and written references. We use the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) to screen all prospective staff, so you can rest assured that our cleaners can give you security and confidence. Each member of the team is trained by a senior cleaner.
We have employers and public liability insurance to cover any major incidents or damage to your home. This is to provide you with peace of mind.
Cleaning teams work in groups of two or three, so when one member is on holiday, the other is familiar with your home when a replacement is needed. This way there is no confusion caused when it comes to cleaning your property and the job can continue to be completed to a high standard.
Yes, we hold keys for many of our clients. They are held centrally and given to the cleaning team before the clean and then collected back each week.
Every client has their own file containing specific instructions. We can also develop a programme specific to you, which will instruct when to clean different rooms, as some may not need a weekly clean.
We have senior cleaners who, apart from initial and ongoing training, will quality check your home, produce a report and suggest any improvements that could be made. This is done at no extra cost and comes as part of any cleaning package.
Take a look at what our clients have said about our work on the Testimonials page.
If you’re not happy with your cleaner for any reason, get in touch with us letting us know about your concerns. We will do our best to remedy the situation as quickly and efficiently as possible, or allocate a new cleaner to your home.
We won’t charge you if you give us 48-hours notice. If an emergency occurs on the day, there will also not be a charge.
If you’re experienced in home cleaning and can provide two verbal and written references as support, we would love to hear from you. Visit our Join Us page to find out more.
Get in touch today
If you’re looking for a cleaner to take care of your home, speak to one of our directors today to discuss your needs. Call us now on 0800 085 0948 or fill in our online enquiry form and we will get back to you.